The Hannover Re Milan office was established in 1988 in order to provide technical support to our Home Office in Hannover, which at that time was facing its first experience on the Italian Market.
The Hannover Re Milan Office consists of聽the P&C Department, which is a marketing unit for all Hannover Re聽Property & Casualty聽departments as well as for Hannover Re Bermuda regarding CAT Business deriving from the Italian market, and聽the L&H Department managing our life and health reinsurance business.
After having gradually transferred the technical know-how to the underwriters at our聽Home Office and while continuing its support in underwriting activities, the P&C Local Office now focuses mainly on marketing and聽representative tasks.
The P&C office structure is聽intentionally lean and flexible:
- Acts as intermediary between our clients and Home Office
- Gathers and elaborates market information
- Actively participates聽in business transactions and conducts negotiations with clients
- Coordinates the activities of聽eight different underwriting centres in Hannover
- Attends meetings with clients
- Represents Hannover Re at the main national and international conventions聽
- Organises market conferences and events
Due to the importance of the Italian Market within our Home Office, our Local Office benefits from a widespread and prompt support from the Hannover Re organisation.
Starting from 2014 Hannover Re P&C Local Office聽- in order to further meet its clients' needs in the most appropriate way聽- offers training seminars focused on Basic Principles of Reinsurance.